Skip links

Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program allows foreign workers and international graduates candidates who have recent Canadian work experience to live in Canada on a permanent basis.

CEC is one of the three programs managed under Express Entry System.  Express Entry System assesses candidates based on Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), and invites candidates with highest-scores to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence. As one of the fastest routes to Canadian permanent residence, Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program takes as little as three to four months to process.

One of the big advantages of applying through CEC is eligible applicants do not have to show proof of settlement funds to the IRCC to support themselves financially upon securing permanent residence.

Canada Experience Class (CEC) Requirements

You must:

  • have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 36 months.
  • Work in an occupation under the NOC skill levels O, A or B.
  • get a minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 for NOC B jobs, and CLB 7 for NOC O or A jobs
  • Intent to live and work outside of province of Quebec. Applicants with work experience in Quebec and want to settle in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class.
  • have gained paid work experience legally. A candidate\’s work experience during full time studies or self -employment work does not count.

The one year (12 months) work experience can be obtained through full time and/or part-time work. 1 year of skilled work experience. (An applicant can work as many part-time jobs in order to meet this requirement. 

If candidates meet these requirements, they are eligible to proceed by submitting their Express Entry Profile for the Canadian Experience Class Program, and receive an invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency

Hello! Do you have any questions about immigration?Contact us today to see how can help you.

Questions About Canadian Experience Class (CEC)? You’re covered

Yes, you can apply for Canadian Experience Class any where in the world as long as you have Canadian work experience and meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above.

No, proof of funds is not required when applying for Canadian Experience Class. Any financial documentation will not be required when applying under CEC.

It depends. If the your paid internship was not a requirement for your study program, then it is valid. If your co-op experience (internship) was a requirement for your study experience then it does not count under the Canadian Experience Class

Related Programs

This website uses cookies to improve your web experience.

Get the Latest News & Updates

Sign up for the PDE Consulting newsletter to get the latest immigration news and updates to help you succeed in Canada.